Friday, August 24, 2012

The Wilson County Fair


So Chad and I went to the Wilson Co. Fair last night, and it was really fun! I will say, it wasn't as much fun as I remembered when I was a kid, but still fun. We got there at dusk and I shot a couple of pretty picks of the sunset...beautiful!
Now Chad has warned me he doesn't like rides, and he wasn't kidding. I had to ride the Ferris Wheel by myself! He not only is afraid of heights, but he's pretty cynical about the equipment at the fair? Can't imagine why. He's like, "do you want that guy right there, hyped up on meth, putting together that ferris wheel you're about to ride?" Ha. Maybe he's right, but I still think I'll take my chances! We went on only one ride together. It was called the Music Train or something. You get in individual little cars and they whirl around really fast. We were definitely some of the oldest people on the ride!
 
Ready!
After that we ventured over to the livestock area where they were holding competitions. Chad was an Ag major in undergrad, so on the car ride over I said something like, "you really wanna go look at the livestock?" To that question, he promptly said, "if I go to a fair, by god, I'm gonna see me some livestock." Ooookay. :) That's my good man. Loves him some livestock. It was actually sorta interesting. We watched the dairy cow competition, and boy, some of those cows looked mighty uncomfortable...could barely walk, they needed to be milked so bad. Chad says they don't milk them on purpose. Ouch.

I was tempted, not going to lie
 
The fair is full of terrible and delicious foods. Fair food is the poster child for diabetes and heart disease, but I had heard so much about deep fried candy that I had to taste it! We got 2 deep fried Reeses cups for $4.00. Wow, they're making a killing! I'm glad I tried them, but I probably wouldn't get them again. They're just ok. 

Towards the end of the night Chad played some darts trying to win me a Bob Marley Banana stuffed animal, but he ended up winning a monkey instead! I won't tell you what he named him. Ha. At 10:00 when we left there were fireworks to end the night. Fun fun! I'm glad we went. This weekend we're going to the lake to hang out with Amanda and Taylor. I'm excited!

My monkey
      


No comments:

Post a Comment