Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fall has begun!

So what marks the beginning of fall??? Is the crisp, cool air? Is it college football? Pumpkins? Leaves falling? Nope it's none of those. It's...
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES!


I really think Pumpkin Spice Lattes are my favorite Starbucks drink. I go to Starbucks more in the fall to get these tasty drinks than any other time of year. Fall has to be my favorite season. I love spring, but fall begins the holiday season. Time for family, food, fun decorations! I love it! I've always loved Halloween and I've got a couple of DIY projects I've been working on for decorations. The first is a little candy jar!
It's just a terracotta pot with a lid, a wooden ball, a glass bowl, and some paint and ribbon, and glue (I used Gorilla Glue). If you do a neutral color like black and white, you can use this year round! Just change the ribbon and candies. I got this idea off a blog, who got it off another blog, and I don't remember the addresses to either one, but it's pretty self-explanatory as to how to make it. Just paint your pot, wooden ball, and lid. Glue the pot to the bowl, and the ball to the lid, and add some ribbon and candy. Simple!

My 2nd DIY is a harvesty vase. I put some split peas, coffee beans, and corn kernals in a glass vase with some twine around it to make this a fall-ish accessory. You can add a candle, I just didn't have one. Also got this from another blog.

I have a couple of other DIYs I'm working on, which I'll post later.
In addition to the beginning of fall, it's also the beginning of football season. We play Clemson tonight, so it should be a good game. WAR EAGLE!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment