Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Lattes

I think we can all agree that PSLs are good, but expensive!  Because PSLs are so dang expensive at Starbucks, I started looking on Pinterest, Blogs, etc to find a homemade one, and I found one that is actually pretty darn good! I found it on LemonDropsFoodie blog.

These were all the ingredients that I had planned to use but I ended up having to add about 1 Tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of non-dairy creamer   
Pumpkin Spice Latte
2 cups milk or half and half  (I used skim milk, so I added 1 tsp of non-dairy creamer to add to the taste)
2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
1 Splenda
1 Tablespoon of sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 Tablespoons of Vanilla extract (yes, I said 2 Tablespoons)
8 Tablespoons of strong coffee (I brewed the small cup on my Keurig using the full amount of coffee  
   grounds, just make sure it's strong)

In a small saucepan, stir milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, splenda, and sugar together. Keep stirring until the pumpkin thins out and it's very hot, but not boiling.


Remove from heat, then add the vanilla. If you like frothy, then transfer it to a blender to add your froth (I skipped this step). Then add about 8 Tablespoons of the coffee (I think I added 10), but it's really to taste...depends on how much coffee you like in your PSL. You could always pour your pumpkin mixture into a single serving cup before you add your coffee. It would be more like 4-5 T then. Makes 2 servings.



Yummmmmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment