Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Best Homemade Smoothie and Guacamole Ever

Banana Smoothie
Smoothies are my new obsession! I have figured out the best tasting smoothie ever! (if you like bananas, if not, it's probably the worst tasting smoothie ever)

3/4 c. skim milk
1 T. honey (I'm not really sure exactly how much I put in)
3/4 T. peanut butter
1 banana
1 scoop of Aria protein powder (before I bought the protein powder, I used 3/4 T. of plain Chobani yogurt)
6 ice cubes
1 splenda (optional- I usually don't put it in, but it makes it taste super sweet!)

Guacamole
So it's avocado season and since these little fruits are so good for you I've started making guacamole more.

1 avocado (finding the right avocado will make or break your guacamole- Harris Teeter has good ones right now. I like them to be more brown in color, and a little soft)
1/2 fresh lime
diced jalapenos
salt to taste

Mash up the avocado and squeeze half of the lime in. Put in the diced jalapenos to taste. I like a lot of them, so I put a couple of tsp fulls in and a little of the juice as well. Then, add salt to taste.

I'm a pretty simple woman, so these are all the ingredients I use in my guacamole, but feel free to throw in diced tomatos, cilantro, onion, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment