Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lost in Percy Warner

So Thursday night was Nashville Sports League's Thursday Night Adult Kickball Championship and guess who the winners were??....Chad's Team! I guess their overly serious attitudes towards a fun, kid's sport has really paid off! :) They really played their best game ever that night, so I was really proud. Sorry, I have no pictures of this momentous occasion. That night a huge thunderstorm rolled in right after they finished though, and I found a great picture of it on fb someone had taken.



Today is a BEAUTIFUL day in Nashville, so I decided to go for a walk in Percy Warner park. It's about 80 degrees here, and when you get under the tree cover at the park it's probably even cooler, so it was perfect! I called my mom when I started on the trail and we just started chatting away.
 I sometimes feel like I'm being hunted walking through the trees at the park b/c there's so much wildlife. Here's a colorful little turtle on the paved path I was walking on.

Steep hills...
...forks in the road.

Yeah I got lost. For 2 hours! About 40 minutes into my walk I turned around and it took me about an hour and 15 minutes to get back! I was so glad to see this little entrance sign where I had parked my car. Whew!




Never so happy to see this sight! :) It was actually a lot of fun though. It didn't seem like I was walking for that long. Mom stayed on the phone with me the whole time, probably b/c she thought I'd never find my way back. Thanks mom!

Just to give you an idea, that whole mountain in the back is just part of Percy Warner. Easy to get lost in!





No comments:

Post a Comment