Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tires, Tires, Tires...A Good Man is Hard to Find

So I bought my first car all by myself almost 2 years ago. I loved it! I still do, but since then I've had a slew of problems with it..not the mechanics of the car, thank the Lord, but mostly cosmetic and TIRES.

 About 2 months after I rolled off the lot in my brand new car, I got a nail in the side of one of the tires- which is not repairable, of course, so new tire #1 was purchased. Not a great sign, but my tire problems laid low for 2011, and instead I had a girl back right into my little Rogue while I was walking towards it in a parking lot. Bummer, but not too much damage was done, about $500 bucks worth. This year, however, a fierce hailstorm did some nice damage with its golf ball sized hail. Yay, and I ran over another nail in March of this year, which was patchable. Whew. Unfortunately, when you run over a wheel weight on the interstate 2 months later, that's just not able to be patched. New tire #2. (which the bf came and changed during a thunderstorm, bless his heart)


So Chad noticed some shaking when my car hit certain speeds this week, and got me an appt at NTB. The verdict: you need 3 new tires and it'll be about $700. Both times I had to replace tires, it was for the same wheel, so I had 3 factory tires still on my Rogue from when I bought it. It only has 30,000ish miles on it, and no warranty on the tires. Super. We get home and Chad gets on the google...apparently it's a common problem. Some guy had to replace his tires at 20,000 miles! So a little advice to those car shopping, I love my Rogue and if I had the chance to go back, I'd buy it again, but it would've been nice to know that the tires (which are Continental brand) do NOT last! Apparently, same for the Muranos, so says the internet. Anyway, after a brief meltdown, which Chad just did not understand, about how much it would cost and how I hate dealing with car stuff and not knowing what I'm doing, this good man found me some good, reasonable tires in Hendersonville (with an 85,000 mile warranty!) and is planning to take my car to work with him and have them put on. Not only that, but maybe even swing by the car place that all of his coworkers use and see what they can do about my hail damage! I'm a lucky girl. I got a good one. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment