Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beth Moore Conference

On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand, All Other Ground is Sinking Sand!


What a wonderful and powerful weekend! This weekend 4 girls from my bible study attended the Living Proof Live Conference with Beth Moore, and it was great! I have loved Beth Moore's studies for a long time, but have never seen her in person. She was awesome! She always delivers such an amazing message and this weekend was no exception. There were about 13,500 people there, and it was held in UT's basketball arena. In fact, Pat Summit was there. She spoke about our witness and how that is what brings believability or credibility to the gospel. Us. We are living witnesses of our faith. All of our past sins and regrets are part of our testimony, and are also very important to it.

April, Me, Meredith, and Charity. Fun Trip!

One of her most profound points was about bondage. I wrote a whole blog about her Breaking Free study and bondage, and once again she touched on it at this conference. She said, "bondage at its deadly best is trading repentance for regret." She explained how regret by itself is worldly grief, which produces death, (2 Cor. 7). But repentance never condemns us, it only sets us free. Guilt/worldly regret is a huge source of despair for people and it's one of Satan's fiercest weapons, some people even take their own life over it. If we could just wrap our mind around this truth! Jesus has paid the price, He has washed our sins away, He has made us whiter than snow. So repent, then walk away from it and don't look back. Satan will sure try his hardest to lure you back.

Beth also explained the year of the Lord's favor. (Isaiah 49:8) She showed a clip of the moment when we landed that spacecraft on mars and how ecstatic everyone in that control center was. Jumping up and down, yelling, high-fiving. That feeling must have been indescribable for them. She was like, you see how excited we get over landing a on an uninhabited planet, it's truly amazing. When Jesus, who was destined to be our Redeemer before the earth was even created, when the living God wrapped in flesh hit His feet on this earth, the heavens were roaring! Absolutely roaring! Such an interesting way to describe it I thought.

At the conference there were two charities that Living Proof Ministries partners with. After explaining why they chose these two charities, Samaritan's Purse and Compassion International, I decided I wanted to sponsor a child living in a poverty stricken area. Sponsorship through Compassion International allows for the child's basic needs, as well as education, bible classes, income-generating activities and evangelism for the parents also. So as all the cards were scattered across the tables, I went to the Africa section and picked up the first card I saw, which happened to also say "high priority, needs immediate sponsorship," and signed up as a sponsor. So I am now the sponsor of this cute little boy... :)

  Amadou is 7 years old. He lives in an AIDS affected area and has been waiting for 9 months, so he was designated 'high priority' as many of the children were. I'm so glad to be a part of the organization, and I pray the Lord blesses these children through our gifts!

So all in all, it was a great weekend, and I am so blessed I was able to go. On the way out the first night I walked right by this and was like "Whoa, my old preacher!" (3rd from the left) So glad that David Platt has come so far in his ministry. He was always an excellent preacher when I attended Brook Hills. Loved hearing him every Sunday!



Last thing I wanted to touch on was how amazing the praise and worship team was! The worship experience was truly great and powerful. Travis Cottrell was the leader. Here's a little taste I found on YouTube for you guys!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjR_A2pGPrY&feature=related

No guilt in life, No fear in death, This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry, to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment